RH362 Red Hat – Security: Identity Management and Authentication
Provide help to secure, centralized identity management services to coordinate user authentication and authorization with client systems, network services, and Windows domains.
Red Hat Security: Identity Management and Authentication (RH362) provides the skills to configure and manage Identity Management (IdM), the comprehensive identity management component bundled with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. This course helps students to gain the skills with this technology most requested by customers.
Some topics covered in this course are central management and provisioning of user accounts; design and installation of IdM server topologies; operation of the integrated DNS and TLS Certificate Authority services; management of two-factor authentication, smart card authentication, and operation as a single-sign on provider; integration and management of two-way trusts with Active Directory; and troubleshooting and disaster recovery planning. Registration of Linux clients to IdM and operation in enterprise environments that use both Linux and Microsoft Windows clients and servers is discussed.
Note: This course is five days. Durations may vary based on the delivery. For full course details, scheduling, and pricing, select your location then “get started” on the right hand menu.
Course content summary
- Design an Identity Management topology for scale and resiliency.
- Describe key technologies used by IdM, including SSSD, PAM, Kerberos, and PKI.
- Install Identity Management (IdM) servers, replicas, and clients using Ansible Playbooks.
- Manage IdM services, including integrated DNS and CA.
- Configure and manage Kerberos authentication and secure services.
- Configure and manage TLS certificates.
- Create and manage a trust relationship with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Configure to help secure user authentication, including two-factor authentication and single sign-on.
- Configure and manage Sudo, HBAC, and RBAC policies.
- Manage secrets, vaults, certificates, and keys.
- Troubleshoot identity management.
- Integrate Satellite 6 and Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform with IdM.
- Configure IdM backup and recovery.
Audience for this course
- Red Hat Certified System Engineers (RHCE) who wish to learn how to provision and configure centralized identity management solutions for Linux clients and how to integrate them with other network services and identity management systems.
- Identity Management specialists or engineers
- Access Management specialists or engineers
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
- An RHCE certification or equivalent skill is a prerequisite to this course.
- There are no special requirements other than those needed for standard courses delivered in ILT/VT/ROLE/RHLS delivery modes.
- Identity Management in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Introduce Identity Management in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (IdM) and its high-level architecture.
- Identity Management Core Technologies
Review the core technologies of Identity Management (IdM) in Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Installing Identity Management in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Install Identity Management servers, replicas, and clients on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.
- Implementing an Identity Management Topology
Implement continuous functionality and high availability of IdM services in single-site and geographically distributed topologies.
- Managing the CA and DNS Integrated Services
Manage the Certificate Authority (CA) and the Domain Name System (DNS) services that are integrated with Identity Management.
- Managing Users and Controlling User Access
Configure users for authorized access to services and resources.
- Configuring Alternative Authentication Services
Configure and manage smart card authentication, secrets, and two-factor authentication.
- Integrating Identity Management with Active Directory
Implement a cross-forest trust between Identity Management and Active Directory, and configure ID views to map POSIX attributes to Active Directory users.
- Integrating Identity Management with Red Hat Utilities
Integrate an Identity Management deployment with Red Hat Satellite and Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform.
- Troubleshooting and Disaster Recovery Planning for IdM
Troubleshooting and preparing for disaster recovery with Identity Management.
- Comprehensive Review
Build a small, resilient Identity Management topology to include multiple replicas and clients, populated with multiple users, credentials, policies, and access rights.
Impact on the organization
Businesses will be able to integrate and centralize lifecycle management and security policy implementation and enforcement, and extend that consolidated management to additional enterprise configuration management products from the Red Hat portfolio, including Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform and Red Hat Satellite Server.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the indiviadual
As a result of attending this course, you will gain an understanding of the architecture of an identity management realm and trusted relationships using both Identity Management in Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Active Directory. You will be able to create, manage, and troubleshoot user management structures, security policies, local and remote secure access methods, and implementation technologies such as SSSD, Kerberos, PKI, and certificates.